Get a Bite of Science
The Taste of Science is an annual event that takes science to the people.
TAMPA BAY – If you think science is boring, too hard to understand, or doesn’t apply to your life, think again.
The Taste of Science wants to prove you wrong by bringing science and scientists to the places people hang out – like bars, parks and cafes. That’s the concept behind the national Taste of Science festival that takes place simultaneously in cities across the US. It’s a time when researchers come out of their labs, away from their computers, or in from their fieldwork to present their work to you.
The Taste of Science is an attempt to address the widening gulf between what scientists do and what public perception is. Misinformation from memes and stories from unknown news sources have contributed to this. Scientists too have been guilty of failing to communicate their work in a way that is easy to understand, if they’ve tried to communicate at all.
This is an opportunity for people to go straight to the source on subjects that you’d often only read or hear about in the news. A chance to hear someone describe what goes on behind closed doors, and a chance to question them about it.
The Tampa Bay events:
- Today (April 23): Ecology 101: from treetops to seafloor, c.1949, 6905 N Orleans Ave., Tampa
- Tuesday: Let’s Brainstorm! @ Coppertail Brewing, 2601 E 2nd Ave., Tampa
- Wednesday: Women in Science!, c. 1949, 6905 N Orleans Ave., Tampa,
- Thursday: Birds and Other Dinosaurs!, Hidden Springs Ale Works, 1631 N Franklin St., Tampa
- Friday: Florida’s Marine Science and Chasing Coral. 7venth Sun Brewery, 1012 Broadway, Dunedin
- Saturday: Comets, Chemistry, and Computers, 7venth Sun Brewery, 1012 Broadway, Dunedin
Photo courtesy of Taste of Science Tampa.
For information about the Taste of Science and for tickets, go to tasteofscience.org.
Taste of Science | Events | Events Near Me | Tampabay News
#TasteofScience #Events #EventsNearMe #TampabayNews