Sign Up Now for Pinellas Citizen University
Pinellas Citizen University is designed to answer citizens’ questions about county government and bring participants face-to-face with county administrators and decision makers.
PINELLAS COUNTY – The 10-week Pinellas Citizen University course is scheduled for Thursday evenings – usually from 6 to 9 – from March 26 through May 28. Participants go behind the scenes at a different Pinellas County operation each week and talk to the experts as they explore a wide range of county functions. Through field trips and hands-on exercises, class participants learn first-hand how Pinellas County provides services to nearly one million county residents.
- See what it takes to plan a hurricane evacuation in the face of an approaching storm.
- Listen in on the drama of real 9-1-1 calls.
- Tour the South Cross Bayou Water Reclamation Facility and find out how reclaimed water is made out of wastewater.
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the Supervisor of Elections office.
- Tour the Pinellas County Jail.
- Sit in the grand jury room and talk one on one with leaders within Pinellas County’s criminal justice system.
Upon completion of the 10 sessions, each graduate receives a diploma signed by the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners and a class picture.Tuition is $35 and includes a class shirt, all course materials, the graduation ceremony and a diploma. Registration for the limited-enrollment class is on a first-come,first-served basis.
Upon acceptance, a packet will be emailed to all participants with instructions, meeting places, a list of classes and other session information. For additional information about Pinellas Citizen University, call (727) 464-4600. Enrollment applications and a complete course schedule are available online at pinellascounty.org or by calling (727) 464-4600.
Pinellas County | Pinellas County News | Pinellas Citizen University