Main Menu

Sickles High School Student Accused of Drug Possession

Crime | Arrests | TB Reporter

Two other students became ill after ingesting the drug through a vape pen, Hillsborough deputies said.

TAMPA – A 15-year-old Sickles High School student was arrested after he supplied liquid THC to two other students who became ill after ingesting the drug, the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said.

The name of the student is being withheld because of his age. He was charged with one count of Possession of a Controlled Substance (cannabis sativa resin), a felony.

The incident happened about 8:45 a.m. Tuesday on the school campus, 7950 Gunny Highway in Tampa. After inhaling the substance through a vape device, two female students began suffering from severe side
effects that made them both lethargic and then aggressive, deputies said.

One student was taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital North after she was administered a dose of Narcan by emergency medical services for fear that the substance she inhaled might have been laced with Fentanyl. She has since been released from the hospital. The other student was released to her mother after refusing to go to the hospital.

It is unclear what, if anything else, was in the oil-based THC, which has been sent to a laboratory for testing.

“This case should be a warning to anyone who experiments with vaping THC. Many people mistakenly believe it is a safer alternative to smoking marijuana and that is anything but the truth,” Hillsborough Sheriff Chad Chronister said. “You just do not know what it could be mixed with and could end up with some severe health consequences that could be fatal. This time we were very fortunate that the outcome was not as severe as it could have been.”

The investigation is ongoing.

Hillsborough Sheriff | Crime | Drug Possession | Arrests | Tampabay News

#HillsboroughSheriff #Crime #DrugPossession #Arrests #TampabayNews

 

 

Summary
Tampa High School Student Accused of Drug Possession
Article Name
Tampa High School Student Accused of Drug Possession
Description
Two other students became ill after ingesting the drug through a vape pen, Hillsborough deputies said.
Author
Publisher Name
TB Reporter
Publisher Logo


Comments are Closed