Hillsborough Deputies Collect Supply Donations for Hurricane Relief
Donations will be accepted until noon Friday (Oct. 18). The supplies will be taken to the Panhandle on Saturday by deputies who are helping with the recovery effort.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY – In an effort to help Floridians recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Michael, the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is launching Operation Pay It Forward.
The HCSO is collecting hurricane relief supplies at each of its five district offices through noon Friday (Oct. 19). The supplies will be taken north Saturday (Oct. 20) by deputies helping with recovery efforts in the
Panhandle. Tampa Idealease has donated an 18-wheel trailer to transport the donations, which deputies will drive up with the next wave of special incident response team members set to work relief efforts in the Panhandle.
“Donating supplies and our time is the least we can do for the residents and businesses of northwest Florida affected by Hurricane Michael,” Sheriff Chad Chronister said. “When one community in Florida is hurting, we all feel that pain. If just one act of kindness helps provide hope to someone in need, then it will make this entire endeavor worth it.”
Residents can donate the following items:
- Non-Perishable Food (Pull-Tab Canned Goods, Granola Bars, Sports Drinks, Individual Snacks, Water)
- Pet Food (Dry Food, Canned Food)
- Baby Supplies (Diapers, Baby Wipes, Baby Formula, Baby Food)
- Cleaning Supplies (Bleach, Disinfectant, Sponges, Rubber Gloves, Trash Bags, Brooms, Mops)
- Personal Hygiene Supplies (Body Wash, Bar Soap, Shampoo, Hand Sanitizer, Deodorant, Shaving Cream, Razor, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Wash Cloths)
- Medical Supplies (Non-Prescription Drugs, Band-Aids, Medical Tape, Ointment, Chapstick, Sunscreen, Bug Spray)
- Paper Supplies (Plates, Bowls, Cups, Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Plastic Bags, Plastic Utensils)
- Bedding (Sleeping Bags, Cots, Pillows, Blankets, Sheets)
Residents should avoid dropping off clothing items or money. Monetary donations can be given to the American Red Cross by calling 1-800-HELP NOW (1-800-435-7669).
Supplies will be accepted at these locations:
- District I: 14102 N. 20th St, Tampa
- District II: 2310 Falkenburg Road, Tampa
- District III: 7202 Gunn Highway, Tampa
- District IV: 508 33rd St. SE, Ruskin
- District V: 10128 Windhorst Road, Tampa
Donations will be collected for Operation Pay It Forward until noon Friday.
Hillsborough Sheriff | Hurricane Michael | Hurricane Relief | Tampabay News
#HillsboroughSheriff #HurricaneMichael #HurricaneRelief #TampabayNews