Main Menu

Clearwater Firefighters Free Child from Chimney

The 8 year old had a bruised knee but was otherwise unharmed, Clearwater Fire and Rescue says.

CLEARWATER – Firefighters from Clearwater Fire and Rescue chipped through a chimney to free an 8-year-old child trapped inside.

Isabella Cooke had a bruised knee but was otherwise unharmed, firefighters said.

Firefighters were called to 546 Woodlawn St. about 6 p.m. Monday (Jan. 16). Isabella, who lives next door, apparently shimmied up a pole at the rear of the vacant house and got on the roof. While on the roof, firefighters said, she either climbed into or fell into the chimney.

The first firefighters on scene found that the chimney did not have the usual opening inside the house, so there was no way for her to get out. Firefighterssaid they  established communication with Isabella and began meticulously chipping away at the outside of the chimney to gain access to her without causing her any injuries. After about 35 minutes, she was rescued by firefighters through a small hole that they created.

Chimney Rescue | Clearwater Firefighters | Clearwater Fire and Rescue  Chimney Rescue | Clearwater Firefighters | Clearwater Fire and Rescue

Chimney Rescue | Clearwater Firefighters | Clearwater Fire and Rescue  Chimney Rescue | Clearwater Firefighters | Clearwater Fire and Rescue

For information about Clearwater Fire and Rescue, go to myclearwater.com.

Photos courtesy of Clearwater Fire and Rescue.

Clearwater Fire and Rescue | Child in Chimney | Firefighters | TB Reporter

#ClearwaterFireandRescue #ChildinChimney #Firefighters #TBReporter

Summary
Clearwater Firefighters Free Child from Chimney
Article Name
Clearwater Firefighters Free Child from Chimney
Description
The 8 year old had a bruised knee but was otherwise unharmed, Clearwater Fire and Rescue says.
Author
Publisher Name
TB Reporter
Publisher Logo


(Next News) »



Comments are Closed