A Law School for the People in Pinellas
The Clearwater Bar Association is offering a free “Peoples’ Law School.”
PINELLAS COUNTY – Clearwater Bar Association presents People’s Law School weekly, on Thursdays, at the St. Petersburg College, Drew Street Campus beginning Jan. 14 and running through April 28. Participants may attend as few or as many sessions as they wish free of charge and no registration is required. This year there will be three modules dealing with Litigation Law running from Jan. 14 to Feb. 4; Lifestyle Law from Feb. 11 to April 7; and Business Law from April 14 to April 28. All classes are from 7 p.m. -9 p.m. and are FREE and everyone is welcome. Classes are in the Ethics & Social Sciences Building ES104 (except for Jan. 14, 21 and April 7, in SS160) at the Drew Street Campus of St. Petersburg College.
Litigation Law Module
- Jan. 14: Introduction- Hon. Anthony Rondolino, Chief Judge; Overview of the Court System- Dean of Legal Studies Susan Demers
- Jan. 21: Civil Trial- Peter Sartes & Peter Tragos; Criminal Trial- Bjorn Brunvand, Esq. & Hon. Don Horrox
- Jan. 28: Role of a Criminal Defense Attorney – Denis DeVlaming, Esq.; Criminal Law Panel- Kym Rivellini, Esq. & Panel
- Feb. 4: View From the Bench – Judges’ Panel: Hon. Philip J. Federico, Hon. Philippe Matthey, Hon. Patrice Moore, Hon. Myra Scott McNary, Hon. William H. Overton.
Lifestyle Law Module
- Feb. 11: Family Law–Gale Moore, Esq.
- Feb. 18: Personal Injury Law–Jodi Leisure, Esq. & Katherine Neal, Esq.; Insurance Law–Erica Peterson, Esq.
- Feb. 25: Pinellas County Office of Human Rights–Mark Esparza, Esq.; Bankruptcy–Steve Fishman, Esq.
- Mar. 3: Elder Law – Brandon Robinson, Esq; Wills Trusts & Estates – Tom Michaels, Esq.
- Mar. 17: Veterans’ Rights – Professor Michael Allen; Construction Law – Neal Sivyer, Esq.
- Mar. 24: Immigration law – Ramon Carrion, Esq.; Small Claims Court/Self-Help Center – Connie Daniels & Steven Davis Thompson
- Mar. 31: Association Law Panel – Jonathan James Damonte, Esq., and Panel; Landlord/Tenant Law – B. Kirk Eason, Esq.
- Apr. 7: Deeds & Mortgages – Diana Davis Basta, Esq.; Foreclosure Law – Michael Ziegler, Esq.
Business Law Module
- April 1: Business Entities – Mohamad Akbik, Esq.; Local Government Law – Regina Kardash, Esq.
- April 21: Intellectual Property Law – Brittany Maxey, Esq.
- April 28: Contract Law – Gabriel Munoz-Calene, Esq.
- April 28: Graduation Ceremony
Go to clearwaterbar.org for a complete class schedule and room assignments. Reasonable accommodations can be requested for individuals with disabilities by calling (727) 791-2628 V/TTY.
Clearwater Bar Association | St Petersburg College | Peoples Law School | TB Reporter
#ClearwaterBarAssociation #StPetersburgCollege #PeoplesLawSchool #TBReporter