Clearwater Looks Forward to Nine Days of Fun ‘n Sun
The Fun ‘n Sun Festival starts Friday (April 22) and runs with a full schedule of events through May 1.
CLEARWATER – As the spring break and “snowbird” seasons wind down, spring festivals are blooming, bringing exciting, unique events to this city.
The city of Clearwater’s 63rd Fun ‘n Sun Clearwater will bring nine days of entertainment to the city and beach from Friday (April 22) through May 1. The festival is the city’s way of giving visitors and residents another reason to appreciate the things the city has to offer from bay to beach.
Fun ‘n Sun main events include:
• Threshers baseball and post-game concert on Friday (April 22) at Bright House Field. The first 1,000 visitors will get a unique and collectible T-shirt. A free concert will take place on the field after the game.
• Bright House Networks Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival’s last weekend Saturday (April 23) and Sunday (April 24). During those two days, visitors can enjoy Frency’s Restaurants Free Concerts on the Beach, I “Dig” Sundays, Clearwater Gas Speed Sand Demonstrations and free sand sculpting classes, Pier 60 Sunset Cinema and fireworks both days starting at 9 p.m.
• ABC’s Nashville in Concert at Ruth Eckerd Hall at 7:30 p.m. Thursday (April 28) It’s not often that you get to see your favorite television show come to life, which is why fans are clamoring to see their favorite stars from the hit TV show Nashville live in concert. The talented cast of Nashville is bringing their awesome country tracks and energy to Ruth Eckerd Hall. This will be their only Florida stop on the tour. Ticket prices start at $43.
• Clearwater’s Blast Friday from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. on April 29 in Clearwater’s Cleveland Street District. This family-friendly food and craft vendor festival will feature a free live concert on the Cleveland Street Stage featuring the Greg Billings Band, the Black Honkeys and Betty Fox. Food trucks and vendors will sell a wide variety of freshly prepared specialty food and beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages. There will be plenty of activities for children as well.
• Fun ‘n Sun Clearwater’s Live, Love, Local Fest presented by the Pierce Street Market from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 30. Clearwater’s Fun ‘n Sun Live Love Local Fest in collaboration with Pierce Street Market celebrates local businesses, bands and handmade vendors. Find love in all the local places and come out to Coachman Park. Enjoy more than 150 local businesses, makers and vendors, battle of the bands and acoustic stage throughout the day. This festival will benefit the Humane Society of Pinellas. Come out and support local.
• AmeriLife Fun ‘n Country Presented by 99.5 QYK on May 1 in Coachman Park. Artists playing include Craig Morgan, Brothers Osborne, Granger Smith feat. Earl Dibbles Jr., Cassadee Pope, Matthew Huff and more. Gates open at 1 p.m. and the event is free. V.I.P tickets are available starting at $80.
Fun ’n Sun started in 1954 as a way to keep snowbirds in Clearwater just a little longer. The festival has blossomed into one of the Tampa Bay area’s most eclectic and exciting celebrations. Drawing more than 50,000 visitors each year, Fun ’n Sun Clearwater features music, parties, shows and activities that encompass the entire community, from the sugar sand beaches to downtown to the city’s parks.
For information about the festival, go to funnsunclearwater.com.
Clearwater | Fun ‘n Sun | Festivals | Clearwater Events | Tampa Bay Reporter
#Clearwater #FunnSun #Festivals #ClearwaterEvents #TBReporter