Clearwater to Reopen Pools, Some Other Recreation Facilities
Advance reservations will be required at many facilities.
CLEARWATER – This city’s parks and recreation department is planning to reopen city pools and some other athletic and recreation facilities as early as this week.
Clearwater city pools, the Ross Norton Skate Park and the Henry L. McMullen Tennis Complex will open Monday (May 11). The Feeding Tampa Bay Program, Senior Meal Program and Expand the Aging Well Connect Program will continue.
Athletic usage by renters and co-sponsor groups can begin May 18, but all users must submit a usage plan before receiving a permit.
Gyms, fitness centers, general programs, indoor facility rentals, the Aging Well Center, and special events will remain closed at this time.
The recreation facilities will enforce social distancing at all times but masks are not required.
Swimming Pool Hours: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
Rules for the swimming pools after they open Monday include:
- Lap swimming will be allowed in main pools only, no swim lessons at this time.
- Slides, diving boards and kiddie pools will remain closed.
- Call ahead to the recreation center you plan to use 48 hours in advance to reserve a spot. Spots will be limited at each site and patrons will only be allowed to use the pool for one hour at a time.
- Maximum number of lap swimmers will depend on the facility, but no more than 10 will be allowed.
- The Long Center therapy pool will be open for exercise and have a maximum of 10 people.
Ross Norton Skate Park Hours: 8 a.m.-1 p.m. and 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. Users must call at least 48 hours in advance to reserve a spot. On hour maximum usage for each participant
Henry L. McMullen Tennis Complex Hours: 8 a.m.- 1 p.m., closed for cleaning 1-4 p.m., open again 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday; 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday; 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday. Hard and clay courts will be open, but with reduced access. Singles and doubles play will be allowed, but social distancing guidelines must be followed. Follow existing guidelines for court reservation.
Clearwater Community Sailing Center will reopen Wednesday (May 6).
Pools Open | Recreation | Sports | Tampabay News | News Tampa
#PoolsOpen #Recreation #Sports #TampabayNews #NewsTampa