Main Menu

Cooking Fire Damages Spring Hill Home

Hernando Fire Trucks | Fire | TB Reporter

The fire started from a pot on the stove. Hernando firefighters say no one was injured.

SPRING HILL – A family has been temporarily displaced after a cooking fire damaged their kitchen, Hernando County Fire Rescue said.

Firefighters were called about 7:11 p.m. Monday (Aug. 3) for a kitchen fire at a home on Cobblestone Drive in Spring Hill. HCFES responded with three fire engines, two medical vehicles and one battalion chief
for a total of 14 personnel.

Firefighters arrived in about four minutes and found smoke coming from the front of the home. The family had evacuated before firefighters got there and said there was a fire in the kitchen extending into the cabinets. The family had unsuccessfully tried to put the fire out with water before calling the fire department.

Firefighters entered the house and put out the fire. Because the response was so quick, firefighters said there was minimal damage to the stove and kitchen cabinets.

The origin of the fire was a pot on the stove top. Because of the smoke damage, and damage to the kitchen, the family will be staying with friends who live nearby.

HCFES would like to remind the community to cautious when cooking and have a working extinguisher nearby in the event of a fire.

PHOTO COURTESY OF HERNANDO COUNTY FIRE RESCUE.

Hernando Fire | Kitchen Fire | Tampabay News | News Tampa

#HernandoFire #KitchenFire #TampabayNews #NewsTampa