Ride and Run with the Stars
You can register for the event up until Saturday morning.
PINELLAS COUNTY – Registration is still open for Saturday’s (Dec. 2) Ride and Run with the Stars, a fundraiser sponsored by the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.
This is the 24th year for the event, which is held at Fort De Soto Park, 3500 Pinellas Bayway S, Tierra Verde. The first event was Dec. 4, 1993. It gives participants enjoy cycling, running, and walking events, as well as a visit from Santa Claus, food, and a climbing wall. Daily parking fees at the park will be waived during the event.
The funds raised through sponsorships and registrations support the Sheriff’s Christmas Sharing Project. Agency members use the proceeds to shop for deserving families and then personally deliver the holiday packages of food, clothing and children’s toys.
The registration fee for all participants is $35. The fee includes a long-sleeve logo T-shirt, food and giveaways, 10K Family Bike Ride, 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk/Skate or 25-Mile Bike Ride. The 5K Chipped race is $40 The 2017 Challenge – 5K Chipped Race and the 25-Mile Bike ride is $40. (Maximum of 25 participants)
Please Note: *Children registering for the 5K Chipped Race must pay entry fee.
Grand Prizes: High-quality bicycles.
Silent Auction: Bid on great sports gear, getaways, and gift baskets
“Everest Challenge” Climbing Wall: For all ages. Test your skills on the 25-foot “Everest Challenge” climbing wall.
Date: Saturday (Dec. 2).
- Registration Opens 6:30 a.m.
- 5K Chipped Race 7:30 a.m. (Downloadable 5K Map) (Click here to view 5K age groups)
(Best times for runners in designated age groups will be recognized.)
- 2017 Challenge 7:30 a.m. – 5K Chipped Race and 25 mile bike ride. 5k Chipped Race portion starts at 7:30 a.m. (Downloadable 5K Map) – Bike helmets are required
- 25-Mile Bike Ride 8 a.m. (Downloadable 25 Mile Ride) – Bike helmets are required
- 10K Family Ride 8:15 a.m. (Downloadable 10K Map) – Bike helmets are required
- 1 Mile Fun Walk/Skate 8:30 a.m. (Downloadable 1 Mile Map)
- K-9 Demonstration 9:30 a.m.
- Santa, Mrs. Claus & Elves Arrive 10 a.m.
- Silent Auction Closes 10:30 a.m.
- Special Drawings & Awards 10:30 a.m.
Entry Forms: Ride and Run With The Stars entry forms will be available through the Sheriff’s Office, or you can click here to download the 2017 registration form.
Contacts: For information about Ride and Run With The Stars sponsorship opportunities, registration, and giveaways, call Lt. Joe Gerretz at (727) 582-5960. For information on the Sheriff’s Christmas Sharing Project or to “adopt a family,” call Sandra Garcia-Olivares at (727) 582-6465.
For information about Ride and Run with the Stars, go to rideandrunwiththestars.com.
Photo courtesy of the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.
Pinellas Sheriff | Ride and Run with the Stars | Sports | Recreation | Events | Things to Do | Tampabay News
#PinellasSheriff #RideandRunwiththeStars #Sports #Recreation #Events #ThingstoDo #TampabayNews