Call to Artists: 2017 Gasparilla Music Festival Poster Contest
The winning poster design will be the Official Commemorative Poster of the 2017 Gasparilla Music Festival.
TAMPA – All Tampa Bay area artists with a passion for music are invited to enter the sixth annual Gasparilla Music Festival poster contest.
The contest is presented by Hill Ward Henderson in pARTnership with Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture & the Arts and the Gasparilla Music Foundation. All artists interested in participating are requested to register their intent to submit prior to January 2, 2017 by sending an email to email@example.com
GMF 2017 will take place in downtown Tampa on March 11 and 12. It will feature musical acts from a wide variety of genres on several stages and cuisine from the region’s top restaurants. The poster design should be an artistic representation of GMF. Artists are encouraged to incorporate Tampa Bay’s wide diversity of culture into its design; however, artists are discouraged from using “Gasparilla” themes such as pirates or beads. Please do not include the GMF name or logo in the artwork; doing so will disqualify the entry. If chosen, GMF branding will be incorporated to the final poster version by GMF.
Entries will be judged by an expert panel of judges and the GMF Poster Committee. GMF will make the final decision to select the winning entry. Submissions will be evaluated based on concept, originality, lay out and marketing adaptability.
The winning poster design will be announced at the GMF VIP Sound Check party and will be the Official Commemorative Poster of the 2017 Gasparilla Music Festival.
The winning artist will receive:
• A $500 cash award
• Two VIP tickets to GMF 2017, valid for both days of the festival ($300 value).
• Featured bio in the GMF program.
• Recognition on GMF social media sites.
• A print of your poster, which will be gifted to GMF sponsors and individual donors.
• Featured poster-signing session at the festival.
• Possibility of your artwork will be reproduced as an “official” festival T-shirt.
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRY
• The GMF poster contest is open to all artists residing in the Tampa Bay region.
• Limit to one entry per artist. Entries must be an original art piece (any medium) that is production-ready, vertical poster format and framed or matted.
• Canvas size must scale to 24”x36”.
• On the back of each entry, artist must include their printed name, address, phone number and email address.
• All artists interested in participating are requested to register their intent to submit prior to Jan. 2 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Artwork must be delivered by pre-arrangement only to Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture & the Arts, 633 N Franklin St., Suite 735, Tampa, FL on or before the submission deadline at 5 p.m. Feb, 3.
For information, go to tbbca.org.
Gasparilla Music Festival | Call to Artists | Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture & the Arts | TB Reporter
#GasparillaMusicFestival #CalltoArtists #TampaBayBusinessesforCulture&theArts #TBReporter