Pasco Warns County Water Customers of Scam
Scammers are going door-to-door demanding payment and threatening to cut off customers’ water, Pasco officials said.
PASCO COUNTY – Pasco County Utilities is receiving complaints from customers who are being targeted by door-to-door scammers – demanding payment for services and threatening to immediately disconnect their water supply.
Pasco County Utilities team members never go door-to-door to collect payment.
“Informing Pasco County citizens and neighbors of scam tactics is the best defense in helping them to not fall victim to these types of scams,” Pasco utilities customer service administrator Sandra Anderson sasid. “We encourage our customers to contact us if they ever have questions or concerns about their utility account.”
The following is a list of warning signs and reminders to protect customers:
- Someone asking for payment at your home
- Pressure to make an immediate payment, usually within the hour
- Aggressive or abusive language or demeanor
- Pasco County team members do not collect payments at customers’ homes.
- Pasco County team members will not pressure customers to make payments; only inform them a payment is due.
- Payment requests will never result in same day disconnection.
Pasco County Utilities offers the following billing/payment options:
- Payment by Phone: 1-844-450-3704
- Payment by Mail: P.O. Box 2139, New Port Richey, FL, 34656-2139
- Payment Online: pascoeasypay.pascocountyfl.net/
- Automatic Bank Draft: bit.ly/2rjzFCt
- In person: any utilities customer service center in Pasco County
- Customers with delinquent accounts will receive advance disconnection notifications.
- Customers who suspect or experience fraud, or who feel threatened, should contact local authorities and the Pasco County utilities phone number listed on their bill.
For information, go to Pasco County Utilities at pasccountyfl.net
Pasco County | Water | Scam | Water Bill | Tampa Bay News | TB Reporter
#PascoCounty #Water #Scam #WaterBill #TampaBayNews #TBReporter