Largo Names Fire Marshal
He has worked with Largo Fire Rescue since 1999.
LARGO – Donald Rooks has been promoted to the position of fire marshal for Largo Fire Rescue.
Rooks is a Largo High School graduate and served as a corporal in the U.S. Marine Corps. Afterward, he worked at Polk County Fire Rescue and Gulfport Fire Rescue before being hired with the city of Largo in 1999 as a Firefighter/EMT. He has served in these roles during his tenure with Largo Fire Rescue:
- Fire lieutenant from July 2007 to June 2016
- Acting district chief since 2012
- Interim assistant chief of life safety / assistant fire marshal from June 2016 to October 2016
- Assistant chief of life safety / assistant fire marshal from October 2016 to June 2018
- Interim fire marshal since June
Rooks has an associate’s degree in fire science and is working on a bachelor’s degree in fire administration.
Additionally, he is a certified fire plans examiner through the National Fire Protection Association and serves as the fire department representative on the city’s Development Review Committee and Pre-Development Review Committee for proposed new construction.
Largo Fire Rescue | Donald Rooks | Fire Marshal | Tampabay News
#LargoFireRescue #DonaldRooks #FireMarshal #TampabayNews