Main Menu

Electrical Worker Shocked While Working on Pole in Pasco

Elecrtical Pole | Electrical Wires | Utility Pole

He is listed in critical condition, Pasco Fire Rescue says.

PASCO COUNTY – An electrical worker was severely shocked while working on a utility pole, according to Pasco Fire Rescue officials.

The man, whose name was withheld, was working on a pole in the 7000 block of Foxwood Drive on Friday (Sept. 1) night about 8:41 p.m. when his shoulders made contact with a live wire while climbing the pole. The victim, 30, was a private utility contractor.

Fellow utility workers used the victim’s safety belt and lowered him to the ground without incident. It took about 10 minutes to lower him, firefighters said. He was taken to North Bay Medical Center in New Port Richey and flown to Tampa General Hospital in critical condition.

Pasco Fire Rescue warns residents to be careful when coming in contact with live wires. If you see wires down in the road do not approach and if you are working with wires remain extra vigilant around wet and rainy conditions.

For information about Pasco Fire Rescue, go to pascocountyfl.net.

Pasco County | Pasco Fire Rescue | Electrical Worker | Electricity | TB Reporter

#PascoCounty #PascoFireRescue #ElectricalWorker #Electricity #TBReporter

 

Summary
Electrical Worker Shocked While Working on Pole in Pasco
Article Name
Electrical Worker Shocked While Working on Pole in Pasco
Description
He is listed in critical condition, Pasco Fire Rescue says.
Author
Publisher Name
TB Reporter
Publisher Logo


Comments are Closed