Ballots in the Mail for Tampa Election
The voter registration deadline for the Tampa municipal election is Feb. 4. Only those registered to vote in the city of Tampa may vote in this election.
TAMPA – Voters living in the City of Tampa who have requested vote By mail should start watching their mailboxes.
The Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections sent out 56,164 ballots today (Jan. 29) for the city of Tampa municipal election.
“Vote by mail continues to be a very popular option for our voters, simply because it’s so convenient,” said Supervisor of Elections Craig Latimer. “And it’s not too late to request a mail ballot.”
Voters can request vote By Mail by calling the elections office at (813) 744-5900 or going to VoteHillsborough.org. Vote by mail requests expire after two general elections.
The voter registration deadline for this election is Feb. 4. Only those registered to vote in the city of Tampa may vote in this election. Voters who are already registered to vote in Florida can update their name or
address any time before voting.
Latimer offers this advice for voters who want to vote by mail:
- If you haven’t voted by mail recently, update your signature with a paper or online voter registration application. The online application adds your Florida driver license or state ID signature to your voter record.
- If you make a mistake on your mail ballot, call the elections office and request a new ballot.
- Don’t forget to sign the envelope before returning the ballot.
- Mail ballots must be received by the elections office no later than 7 p.m on Election Day (March 5).
- Drop your voted ballot in the mail — no postage necessary, or drop it off in person at one of the elections office’s seven early voting locations (during aarly voting hours) or one of the four elections offices.
- Track your ballot at VoteHillsborough.org to see when your ballot was mailed out and when your voted ballot was received by the elections office.
Voters who prefer to vote in person have two options:
- Early voting is from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Feb. 25 – March 3. Voters can vote in any of the seven early voting sites during early voting.
- Election Day is 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 5. Voters must vote in the polling place assigned to their precinct on Election Day.
Tampa Election | Politics | Elections | Tampabay News
#TampaElection #Politics #Elections #TampabayNews