Hillsborough Firefighters Called to Animal Hospital
The four cats and three dogs are safe.
RIVERVIEW – Firefighters were called to the Big Ben Animal Hospital this morning (Aug. 26).
Hillsborough Fire Rescue received a call of smoke inside the Big Bend Animal Hospital, 11321 Big Bend Road in Riverview, about 7:08 this morning.
The first arriving units reported an electrical odor, smoke inside a treatment area in the rear of the hospital, and workers evacuating animals from inside the clinic. Units on scene contacted TECO and used a thermal imaging camera to find the source of the odor and smoke. The source was a faulty ballast in a fluorescent light in the ceiling inside the rear treatment room, firefighters said.
Firefighters helped hospital staff bring all the animals back into the hospital and helped place them back into their cages. There were no injuries reported to staff or animals. In all, there were four cats and three dogs inside the hospital, and are all in good spirits, firefighters said.
For information about Hillsborough Fire Rescue, go to hillsboroughcounty.org.
Photos courtesy of Hillsborough Fire Rescue.
Hillsborough Fire Rescue | Big Bend Animal Hospital | Fire | Cats | Dogs | TB Reporter
#HillsboroughFireRescue #BigBendAnimalHospital #Fire #Cats #Dogs #TBReporter