Gay and Lesbian Film Festival Opens Friday
By JON WILSON, Consulting Editor, TB Reporter
The annual filmfest is showing at 11 venues in Hillsborough and Pinellas County.
TAMPA BAY — The 26th Annual Tampa Bay International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival opens Friday (Oct. 2) with nearly 90 narrative features, documentaries and short runs at 11 high-profile venues. The festival, billed as the best line-up in years, runs through Oct. 10.
Tickets are $12 general admission and $135 for Crown Circle, an all-access pass to the movies and pre-movie receptions.
Several featured events are on the agenda:
- Opening Night Film and After Party in the Palladium Cabaret with Casper Andreas and others
- Susan Sarandon-produced Deep Run has a free screening with the TIGLFF Annual Youth Celebration at the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg on Saturday (Oct. 3) 11 a.m.
- THE WIZ. There’s an outdoor screening at the Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American History Museum on Oct. 8 at 8 p.m.
- A beachside party and rooftop shorts party is at the Zamora Hotel on Oct. 9 at 10:30 p.m.
- Reel in the Closet has a free screening and panel discussion about queer history archives and personal photos and home movies at Catherine Hickman Hall on Oct. 10 at 12 noon.
Among other venues are Freefall Theater, Sundial Muvico, Studio Movie Grill and Villagio Cinema. For a complete list of venues and films, visit www.TIGLFF.com .
Pinellas County | Hillsborough County | Events | Leisure and Arts
#PinellasCounty #HillsboroughCounty #Events #Movies