Bilirakis: ‘Today’s Vote Is the Beginning of Health-Care Reform’
U.S. Rep. Gus Bilirakis said the American Health Care Act will lower costs, increase choices and protect those with pre-existing conditions.
WASHINGTON, DC – U.S. Rep. Gus Bilirakis, R-Tarpon Springs, issued this statement in the wake of today’s (May 4) vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act and replace it with the American Health Care Act.
“With the House passage of the American Health Care Act, we are moving forward with a health care system that lowers costs and increases choices. Like many Americans, I live with a pre-existing condition, as do many of my family members and loved ones. I would not have voted for the bill if I thought protections for those with pre-existing conditions were in jeopardy, as I promised my constituents during three town hall meetings. Today’s vote is the beginning of health care reform, not the be-all-end-all, and we cannot allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good. I look forward to continuing work to ensure health care is affordable and accessible for all.”
AHCA highlights, according to Bilirakis:
- “Dismantles Obamacare mandates, taxes, and regulations.
- “Patient and state stability fund – provides states $130 billion over 10 years to lower health care costs and increase access to care. Florida is expected receive among the highest state allocation.
- “Refundable tax credits – ensures people who do not receive health care through an employer, Medicare, Medicaid, VA Health Care, or TRICARE, receive a monthly tax credit to purchase the insurance of their choice.
- “Safety net funding for Florida hospitals – assists Florida hospitals in treating the most vulnerable among us.
- “Expands health savings accounts (HSAs) – doubles the amount of money they can contribute empowering individuals and families to spend their health care dollars the way they want.
- “Guarantees coverage to Americans with pre-existing conditions – bans health insurers from denying coverage or charging a patient with pre-existing conditions higher premiums under federal law.”
Bilirakis represents Florida’s 12th Congressional District, which includes Pasco and north Pinellas counties.
For information about Bilirakis, go to bilirakis.house.gov.
Gus Bilirakis | American Health Care Act | Affordable Care Act | Trumpcare | Obamacare | Health Care | Tampa Bay News | TB Reporter
#GusBilirakis #AmericanHealthCareAct #AffordableCareAct #Trumpcare #Obamacare #HealthCare #TampaBayNews #TBReporter