Tropical Storm Hermine Closes Pinellas Schools
All after-school activities today have been cancelled, Pinellas County school officials say.
PINELLAS COUNTY – Pinellas County Schools is working closely with Pinellas County Emergency Management and the National Weather Service to monitor Tropical Storm Hermine.
Please find information below regarding the status of school operations.
Today (Aug. 31): All after-school activities (athletics, clubs, parent meetings, etc.) are cancelled. After-care programs at school sites, such as R’Club and YMCA, will remain open.
Thursday (Sept 1): All Pinellas County Schools and school district offices will be CLOSED. All school-related activities are cancelled.
The status of school operations for Friday will be decided Thursday.
Information on weather-related closures will be communicated by:
- A recorded phone message to all employees and families
- E-mail message to employees and families
- Information posted on the district website: pcsb.org.
- Information will be shared with local TV, radio, print and online news outlets
- Information posted on district Facebook and Twitter.
- Information posted on WPDS-Ch. 14 (UHF Ch. 14, Bright House Networks Ch. 635, WOW Ch. 2. and Verizon Ch. 46)
- Emergency information phone line: (727) 588-6424. Call the emergency information phone line to hear a recorded update.
Pinellas Schools | Tropical Storm Hermine | Schools Closed | Weather | TB Reporter
#PinellasSchools #TropicalStormHermine #SchoolsClosed #Weather #TBReporter